|ITV transmission date||24th December 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||19th December 1979|
|Next episode||26th December 1979|
Ron Mather worries about Elsie's whereabouts. Stan refuses to buy Hilda Christmas food as she's sold the Christmas club money. Elsie returns to No.11. Ron doesn't believe she felt homesick. Ivy invites Audrey to spend Boxing Day with the family. Rita is furious when her Christmas present from Len turns out to be a box of chocolates. Elsie tells Ron their boss, Pickering, couldn't keep his hands off her. He admits he knew Pickering fancied her. She accuses him of turning a blind eye and throws him out.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Final appearance of Joe Lynch as Ron Mather.
- TV Times synopsis: Christmas Eve - and a vanishing lady turns up out of the blue. Gail and Brian Tilsley have to decide whether they're going to have Christmas dinner at his mother's or at hers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,500,000 viewers (7th place).
|December 1979 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|