Stan and Eddie are alarmed when Hilda serves up chicken soup for Boxing Day dinner as it's all she has. Albert spends Christmas on his own as Ken is in Glasgow. Ivy lays on a big spread to impress Audrey. Elsie hates telling Mr and Mrs Ellis that she's no longer selling No.11, especially when the pregnant Mrs Ellis starts to cry. Ivy is annoyed that everyone is too full to eat all her food. Bert decides to throw a party to get everything eaten up. Stan and Eddie attack the food at the Tilsleys' party. Ivy drags Elsie to the party to bring herself out of her depression.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- This episode was transmitted at 7.15pm.
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 19th May 1980.
- TV Times synopsis: There are considerable contrasts in the Boxing Day menus at the Tilsleys' and Ogdens'. Newlyweds Brian and Gail Tilsley, who are buying Elsie Tanner's house, get a shock when they come to measure up.
- This episode failed to make the top twenty in the viewing charts.
|December 1979 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|