Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st December 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||26th December 1979|
|Next episode||2nd January 1980|
Len refuses to let Rita sing at the Gatsby Club as its New Year's Eve. Ken returns from Glasgow with Susan Barlow. Rita is furious when Len promises her a big night out at a new club but forgets to get tickets. Deirdre and Susan like each other. Ken is put out at Susan's sexy clothes when she dresses up for a Community Centre disco. Ken and Deirdre decide not to go out but see the New Year in together at No.1. Alf is chosen to let the New Year in at the Rovers. He gets kidnapped by a group of three women going to a party at Molly Coggan's house in Bessie Street. Fred goes looking for him and goes to the party too. Fred phones Len and alerts him about the party - he and Alf are the only men. Len sneaks out with Bert and Eddie. Rita, Ivy and Renee realise their men have deserted them.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Susan Barlow - Suzy Paterson
- Roy Stevenson - Jon Conway
- Alice - Jean Heller
- Mary - Carol Ray
- Gladys - Patricia Rowe
- Shop Customer - Sally Gibson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 32 Bessie Street - Back room
- First appearance of Susan Barlow since 25th March 1974 and first appearance of Suzy Paterson in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: It's New Year's Eve and there's a visitor for Ken Barlow.
- This episode failed to make the top twenty in the viewing charts.
|December 1979 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|