Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th January 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||2nd January 1980|
|Next episode||9th January 1980|
Rita tells Len she wants a decent home to live in. Len tells her to make a list of alterations. Jim Sedgewick tells Emily and Gail he's bought the cafe off Joe Dawson. Susan returns to Glasgow. Elsie asks Mike for her old job back, promising she'll be reliable. He tells her that he does need someone to help him at the factory. Gail fears Sedgewick will sack her. Rita gives Len her required alterations for No.9, which include knocking the two rooms into one and a fitted kitchen. She accuses him of not caring and rips the list up. She tells him that she's sick of the way they live. Ivy tells Mike she wants to be made supervisor as she's been doing the job in all but name. She warns him that the girls won't stand for Elsie being taken back on. Sedgewick tells Emily the jobs are safe. He intends to bring a jukebox in, telling her that he's turning the place into a transport cafe to take advantage of the new lorry park on Canal Street - Emily is horrified. Mike tells Len that he wants to take Elsie back on.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Hallway and back room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley threatens trouble at the factory if boss Mike Baldwin gives Elsie Tanner her supervisor's job back. Emily Bishop finds herself in the middle of a take-over…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,350,000 viewers (7th place).
|January 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|