Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th January 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||9th January 1980|
|Next episode||16th January 1980|
Rita gets a room at a theatrical lodging house in Clarence Street, Salford run by Poppy Watts where she meets an old showbiz friend, Ossie Oswald. Len tells the neighbours that Rita is ill. Jim Sedgewick changes the cafe around, getting rid of the old counter and installing the cooking equipment in the shop and a new employee - Mrs Bolton. Elsie rows with Ivy in the Rovers calling her a "tin pot busybody" and blames her for not getting the job. Rita phones Mavis and tells her that she's left Len for good. Emily tries to make the greasy meals more attractive but the lorry drivers' coarseness upsets her. After paying her £25 rent Rita only has £10 left. Hilda tells Mike she can't go to France as she hasn't any spending money. He gives her £10 and tells her not to tell the others. Rita feels alone and isolated.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mrs Poppy Watts - Margaret Burton
- Jim Sedgewick - Michael O'Hagan
- Mrs Bolton - Frances Cox
- Fangio - Peter Dean
- Vic - Mark Fletcher
- Ossie Oswald - Dickie Arnold
- Coronation Street - Back yards
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing Room
- The Kabin
- Dawson's Cafe
- Poppy Watts's boarding house - Rita's room and hallway
- Clarence Street
- Unknown Salford street
- TV Times synopsis: What will Len Fairclough do now that his wife Rita has walked out on him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (6th place).
|January 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|