Rita asks Mavis to get her cabaret clothes out of the house behind Len's back. Mavis refuses to get involved. Eddie asks Stan if he can use the house whilst Hilda is away to court Lorna Ferguson - Stan agrees. Gail can't cope on her own as Mrs Bolton is too slow. Jim Sedgewick helps out and tells her that she'll have to work Sunday as well. She protests but he threatens to sack her if she doesn't. Rita returns home for her dresses. Fred tells Len he's seen her and Len returns home in time to catch her. He assumes she's back to stay and gloats. She tells him that she's only come for her things and leaves. Ralph Lancaster escorts Rita to a cabaret engagement. Len loans Elsie money. Lorna encourages Eddie to think of his future. He realises he wants to settle down. Len tells Elsie that Rita has left him. Stan barges into No.13 and interrupts Eddie and Lorna. Ralph offers a flat to Rita. She knows there's strings attached.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Poppy Watts - Margaret Burton
- Mrs. Bolton - Frances Cox
- Jim Sedgewick - Michael O'Hagan
- Lorna Ferguson - Annie Hulley
- Ralph Lancaster - Kenneth Watson
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Poppy Watts's boarding house - Rita's room and hallway
- Annie Hulley makes a pre-Gwen Loveday appearance as Lorna Ferguson.
- TV Times synopsis: Eddie Yeats bribes Stan Ogden to stay out of the way while he entertains a lady friend; Rita Fairclough returns home - will she stay?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,600,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|