Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th February 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||30th January 1980|
|Next episode||6th February 1980|
The Town Hall receives a letter from Charleville complaining about the workers' behaviour. Ivy tells Vera she's in trouble. Ena doesn't like the idea of living with Elsie but has little choice as the builders move into the Community Centre. Annie is ill and Betty and Bet have to man the Rovers. Vera worries that the Charleville police might be after her. Ena moves into No.11, horrified by the state of it. She sets to tidying up and stocking the kitchen. Les Carter, a reporter on the Gazette, investigates the French going-ons. Getting nothing from Bet, he turns up in the factory but an upset Vera and Ivy say they can't help him. Vera, Ivy and Hilda agree to keep quiet about the rave-up because they don't want their spouses to find out. Elsie welcomes Ena but refuses to drink in the snug with her when they go to the Rovers, even when offered Martha Longhurst's chair. Carter swears to Bet that he's going to get to the bottom of the story.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed (Voice only)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Annie Walker doesn't appear in the episode but is heard calling to Betty Turpin from her sickbed.
- Ian Redford makes a pre-Keith Appleyard appearance as Les Carter.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ken Barlow persuade Ena Sharples to move in with Elsie Tanner? Alf Roberts picks up a piece of scandal - hinting that the factory girls were not on their best behaviour in France…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,300,000 viewers (7th place).
|February 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|