Mavis is haunted by phone calls from a mystery man who knows her name and tells her he wants to see her in her nightie. Albert tells Ken that Deirdre is after a husband. Ken tells him it's none of his business. Deirdre helps Mavis out at The Kabin for some extra money. Mavis calls in the police over the caller. They think the caller is a customer. Gail is annoyed when Brian spends money on records rather than saving up for a house deposit. The police persuade Mavis to agree to meeting the caller, they will be watching. Len visits the Gatsby Club and asks Ralph Lancaster where Rita is. Ralph says he doesn't know and threatens him with his bouncer. Mavis waits in the precinct but the man doesn't turn up.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- PC Lyle - Lloyd McGuire
- WPC Kathy Lane - Rosemary Williams
- Barman - Peter Lorenzelli (Credited as "Peter Lorinzelli")
- Ralph Lancaster - Kenneth Watson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Gatsby Club
- Queens Shopping Precinct
- A customer in the Gatsby Club is uncredited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: The police set Mavis Riley up as a decoy to trap her sinister telephone mystery man. Len Fairclough, trying to get his wife Rita to return to him, goes to the Gatsby Club to confront the owner Ralph Lancaster.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (5th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|February 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|