|ITV transmission date||29th October 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||24th October 1962|
|Next episode||31st October 1962|
Swindley goes canvassing with his agent, Mr. Spinks. The residents think that Christine has left Colin. Ena refuses to clean the Mission for Swindley's meeting so Spinks has to. He finds an old letter of Ena's and gives it to Martha. She keeps it. Elsie agrees to let Christine move in at No.11. The residents are shocked when Christine's father-in-law arrives to explain that Colin is dead.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- First appearance of Christine Appleby since 20th June 1962.
- Stephen Hancock makes a pre-Ernest Bishop appearance as Mr. Spinks.
- TV Times synopsis: A secret for Martha, mounting excitement for Swindley and sad news for the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,524,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st