Brian spends the night on the sofa. Deirdre goes to see Blanche so Mavis is alone again. She tells Len she can't cope so Len tells her to hire someone. Ivy wants to know why Brian and Gail are arguing. Mavis doesn't like Doreen Lovell who is sent from the Job Centre as she's bossy but Len takes her on. Len gets dressed up to go to the new Playmates club in town with Mike but Mike dumps him for a girl. Brian accuses Gail of being a nag. Gail is upset that Brian isn't saving properly. Elsie cheers her up by telling her it'll get a lot worse. A drunk Len tries to get Elsie or Bet to spend the evening with him as he's so lonely. Gail refuses to let Brian off the hook and makes his bed up on the sofa again.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Why does young Brian Tilsley have to spend the night on the sofa? Lonely Len Fairclough decides to "paint the town" with Mike Baldwin. But Len's in for a disappointment.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,600,000 viewers (8th place).
|February 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|