Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th February 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||25th February 1980|
|Next episode||3rd March 1980|
Elsie enjoys having Ian McAllister about the house. Alf asks Len to look at his guttering but Len tells him he's off to Blackpool to find Rita. Stan is nervous of what the solicitors want and avoids them. Renee gossips to Emily about Ian. The solicitors, Rosenfield, Blackburn and Fox, write again telling Stan that Dora Entwistle of 2, Chapel Yard in Weatherfield has named him as a beneficiary in her will. Hilda wants to know who she was to Stan. He says he's never heard of her. Len finds Rita working at the launderette in Blackpool that Sam told her about. She is shocked that he's tracked her down. She tells him they've got nothing to talk about. He begs her to return home and have a fresh start. He promises he'll change but she doesn't believe him. She knows he means it now but also knows that really he doesn't care enough about her to change. She tells him it's too late and walks off.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Blackpool - Sandy Lane, Laundrette, Golden Mile, beach and Central Pier
- TV Times synopsis: Will Rita respond to Len's pleas to return? The Ogdens have hopes that their ship has come in at long last…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,446,000 viewers (6th place).
|February 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|