Elsie puts Dan Johnson up for the night, but tells him it's a one-off. Rita tells Len she's not returning to The Kabin. She tells Len she wants to be a housewife. Louise Clayton starts work at The Kabin, and she provides a record player so they can play the stock. Stan is unable to cash his inheritance cheque as he hasn't got a bank account. Annie cashes the cheque for him. Rita braves the Rovers' customers. She tells Louise she can stay on at The Kabin as she's retired. Rita tells Mavis she wants to start afresh with Len, away from the Street. Hilda threatens to leave Stan unless he shares the money with her. He gives her £20. Dan gives Elsie a new handbag and persuades her to let him stay another night. She worries about her reputation, but allows him to take her to the Rovers where Bet also takes a fancy to him.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner's lodger talks himself into digs again - and tongues begin to wag. The Ogdens sort out Stan's inheritance.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,968,000 viewers (5th place).
|March 1980 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|