Annie decides to extend the food menu at the Rovers. She starts soup and sandwiches. Betty, Bet and Fred realise it'll mean extra work. Fred is voted to ask Annie for more money. Len and Rita look at some houses near the East Lancs Road at Rita's insistence. Hilda is hurt when Annie spurns her offer to assist at lunchtimes. Deirdre returns from Blanche's. Elsie continues to put Dan Johnson up. Rita wants a semi but Len is horrified at the thought of paying £25,000 for a house. Annie agrees to give the staff a pay rise and, at Fred's suggestion, considers having a bell fitted so she can ring when food is ready to be served. Gail teases Brian that Fangio has been chatting her up. Dan's lorry has to be repaired so he'll be around for a few days. Elsie isn't sure if she's doing the right thing.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway, back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Houses near the East Lancs Road
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre Langton returns to the Street, following her break-up with Ken Barlow. Meanwhile, a certain married couple make plans for a new life...
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,239,000 viewers (chart placing unknown).
|March 1980 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|