Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th March 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||10th March 1980|
|Next episode||17th March 1980|
Fred installs the bell push in the Rovers, much to Betty's disdain. Rita and Len view a house in Handforth owned by Mrs Lambert. Brian is annoyed that Gail is chatted up a lot by lorry drivers at the cafe. Elsie is flattered as Dan Johnson appears to fancy her. Brian finds Fangio with his arm round Gail. Elsie has to stop him from fighting. Len doesn't like the house as it's surrounded by golf-playing neighbours who have Sunday morning drink parties. Things are awkward between Ken and Deirdre when they meet. Rita realises the house isn't for Len and is taken aback when he offers to make an offer on it. She tells him that she doesn't want the house. Gail makes Brian see that the lorry drivers don't mean what they say to her. Annie enjoys ringing the bell, once for Betty, twice for Bet and three times for Fred but she puts off Fred's questions about a pay rise. Dan makes Elsie feel cared for but behind her back he rings his girlfriend in Bristol, telling her that he'll be visiting her.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fangio - Peter Dean
- Dan Johnson - Richard Shaw (Credited as "Don Johnson")
- Rod McCormick - Mark Bond
- Mrs Lambert - Kathy Meryck
- Rovers Return Inn Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Mrs Lambert's house, Handforth - Garden and street outside
- Cyril Turpin's sister, niece and her husband are mentioned in a conversation between his widow Betty and house-hunter Rita Fairclough.
- Mrs Lambert is seen to have a Weatherfield estate agents board up outside her house in Handforth, even though the two areas are, even fictionally speaking and in dialogue given in the episode, quite a few miles apart.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Tilsley is chatted up by one of the lorry drivers at the café - and her husband Brian doesn't like it. Fred Gee's suggestion that Annie Walker should have a bell installed to summon the staff at the Rovers Return rebounds…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,996,000 viewers (chart placing unknown).
|March 1980 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|