Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th March 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||17th March 1980|
|Next episode||24th March 1980|
Annie has the staff waiting on her lunch table to impress Olive Taylor-Brown although they fail to respond to her bell calls as they are so busy and Hilda has to step in. Bet flirts with Dan Johnson. He takes a fancy to her and asks her out. Betty warns her that Elsie won't like it. Fred is forced to chauffeur Annie and Olive to their Ladies' Evening. Dan tells Elsie he's meeting a mate but really goes out with Bet. Fred puts Annie's handbag on the car roof and it falls off when he drives away from the Rovers. Stan finds it and gives it to Hilda. Hilda sets off to the function with it as it has the tickets in it. Hilda saves Annie from the embarrassing situation and she gives her £5 reward and £2 for the taxi she had to use to the get to the Assembly Rooms. She also makes Fred chauffeur her home. Rita is pleased with the new kitchen. Len tells her that he's going to install central heating. Elsie sees Dan kissing Bet goodnight, she throws his things out into the Street and tells him that she never wants to see him again.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Assembly Rooms
- TV Times synopsis: Fred Gee is in trouble for causing Annie Walker to be humiliated in front of her V.I.P. friend. Meanwhile, Elsie Tanner is being two-timed by Dan Johnson with a local woman. Who is she? And what will Elsie do?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,309,000 viewers (6th place).
|March 1980 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|