The Applebys want Christine to live with them but she refuses. Mr. Spinks gets the boiler working in the Mission. Martha shows Ena's letter about - a love letter from "Jack", not her husband. Annie hears Martha reading it and realises it is one of her letters from Jack, dropped on the night of the gas main evacuation. Swindley's meeting ends abruptly when the boiler explodes.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Stephen Hancock makes a pre-Ernest Bishop appearance as Mr. Spinks.
- TV Times synopsis: Swindley lets off some hot air
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,306,000 homes (3rd place).
|October 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st