|ITV transmission date||7th April 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||2nd April 1980|
|Next episode||9th April 1980|
Susan Barlow turns up unannounced with boyfriend Duncan Craig who she is on a cycling holiday with. Ken is delighted to see them but is shocked that they're holidaying together. Rita is annoyed that the radiators are old - she accuses Len of palming her off with rubbish. Renee dresses up as a man for the barbershop quartet contest. Rita is pleased when Len finishes the central heating. Tony Hayes complains about Renee being in the quartet but backs down when Ivy threatens a female boycott on The Flying Horse. Fred has to admit that The Flying Horse quartet are better singers and buys their team drinks as a prize. Emily organises a party for Mavis' birthday. Rita is delighted to walk into a warm house. Ken makes Susan and Duncan sleep in separate rooms. Albert tells Ken he can't allow Susan to go on holiday with Duncan as he's nineteen and she's only sixteen.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat
- First appearance of Susan Barlow since 2nd January 1980.
- This Easter Monday episode was transmitted at 7.00pm.
- Although Susan Barlow was born in 1965, the writers at this period of the programme's history ignored this fact and stated she was sixteen. In later episodes, e.g. Episode 2609 (2nd April 1986), she and her twin brother Peter revert to their correct ages.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow's daughter, Susan, turns up with a new boyfriend. Their plans disturb Ken. Meawhile, who will win the Barber Shop Quarter contest?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,608,000 viewers (chart placing unknown - this was the least-watched episode of the year).
|April 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|