|ITV transmission date||9th April 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||7th April 1980|
|Next episode||14th April 1980|
Rita is thrilled to wake up in a warm house for the first time in her life. Susan tells Ken that both she and Peter wish he'd marry again. She is angry that Ken doesn't trust her with Duncan Craig and makes him see that she isn't a child anymore. Duncan and Susan leave for Wales. Ken is pleased at Susan's mature attitude but Albert sulks that he didn't stop them going off together. Ivy snoops round Len's alterations at No.9 and is surprised that it looks so nice after having been catty to Rita earlier. Mavis fears no one will come to her party. When Rita sees the poor turnout she sends Len to the Rovers to press gang the regulars into attending. Bet is pleased when Dan Johnson phones to say he'll be seeing her soon. Mavis is thrilled when the guests arrive. She is touched when Emily presents her with a birthday cake and her friends sing Happy Birthday.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat
- Last appearance of Susan Barlow until 20th July 1981.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ken Barlow and daughter Susan reach an understanding?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,337,000 viewers (3rd place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|