Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th April 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||9th April 1980|
|Next episode||16th April 1980|
Hilda gets the chance of a free lift to Chesterfield to visit Trevor Ogden overnight and takes advantage of it. Gail buys a seascape picture and Ivy lets her hang it at No.5. Bet gets a night off to spend with Dan Johnson. Hilda gives Eddie permission to entertain a girl for the evening at No.13 in her absence as she thinks he means Lorna Ferguson but he brings Pat Marshall round instead. She frightens Stan. Eddie is put out when she wants to hang round Stan instead of him. Dan assures Bet there was nothing between him and Elsie. Brian and Gail plan to throw their first dinner party for some friends on Friday but Ivy has invited the Duckworths round for the same evening to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Alf and Renee are upset when Dan spends the night with Bet. Hilda returns at 1.00am to find Eddie and Pat in her parlour. She throws them out. Stan hears noises downstairs, thinks Pat has gone to fetch one of her friends for him and expresses his glee to Eddie but Hilda overhears him.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop, landing and bathroom
- Corner Shop flat - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Renee and Alf Roberts, of the Corner Shop, are upset when they realise lodger Bet Lynch is entertaining an overnight guest in her upstairs flat. Meanwhile, there's trouble at the Tilsleys' when newlyweds Gail and Brian clash with his parents.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,978,000 viewers (4th place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|