Bet assures Betty she won't bring Dan Johnson to her house. Arnold Swain gives his pet shop books to Emily to work on. Hilda drags Stan to the bingo. Ivy and Vera go together and pool their money. Bet is disappointed when Dan is caught up in Birmingham. Stan sneaks off to the Legion and leaves Hilda to mark his card as well as her own. She is upset when she doesn't win the jackpot. Jeff Bateman calls for his work but Deirdre is out. He calls at the Rovers and finds that she is separated. Vera wins a game but Hilda thinks it's with one of Stan's cards that he left behind. She wins a holiday for two in Blackpool. Jeff calls back for his work and asks Deirdre to go for a drink with him. She accepts. Vera threatens Hilda for slander when she insists it was Stan's card.
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Bingo Hall
- First appearance of Arnold Swain.
- In a continuity error, Fred Gee tells Jeff Bateman that Len Fairclough lives at No.11, instead of No.9.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda, Vera and Ivy go to Bingo to chase a £1,000 Jackpot. Who's lucky number will come at last? Deirdre has a new admirer, but Emily's not too keen on him.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,252,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|