|ITV transmission date||28th April 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||23rd April 1980|
|Next episode||30th April 1980|
Mavis goes down with flu. She struggles with the shop, feeling Louise is too young to run it alone but Louise makes her go to bed. Ivy and Gail realise No.5 is too small for two wives. Dan Johnson returns and he is put out to find Bet has left the flat. Ivy is annoyed when Gail makes her feel guilty for doing things for Brian. Rita agrees to help out at The Kabin as Mavis is ill. Bet views a bedsitter on Ludlow Avenue. She is depressed that she's still living in grotty flats with shared bathrooms. Hilda and Vera row in the Street over the bingo prize. Hilda calls Vera a liar. Vera tells Hilda she'd compromise and take Stan on the holiday with her. Hilda tells her to stick the holiday. Ivy snaps at Gail when she cooks the wrong thing for tea. Gail tells her that she's had enough of living with her. Bert tells Brian there's a new estate being built of small houses. Dan helps Bet move into Ludlow Avenue. Annie is angry when Bet says she has a headache as she knows she wants to spend the evening with Dan. Brian agrees to look at the new houses for Gail's sake.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Bedroom
- Ludlow Avenue flat
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 20th April 1998 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted a scene of 1'14" in part two as Dan Johnson helps Bet Lynch move her things into her flat and tries to persuade her not to go to work for the evening.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet finds a new home and begins to turn it into a love nest for two.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,591,000 viewers (3rd place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|