Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th May 1980 (Tuesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||12th May 1980|
|Next episode||19th May 1980|
Vera refuses to speak to Ivy. Ida enjoys mixing things between them. Hilda accuses Annie of victimisation. Annie is annoyed when some of the customers take Stan's side against her. Ken accuses her of being biased against the Ogdens. Mike invites Pauline Stringer out for a drink, telling her to break her date. Stan puts the price of his window cleaning up. Three of his customers refuse to pay and tell him not to call again. Ken brings Stan into the Rovers for a drink and tells Annie if she doesn't serve him then her regulars will walk out. Annie tells Ken it was merely a misunderstanding and invites Stan back to the pub but is not pleased with Ken. Pauline puts off boyfriend Roy to go out with Mike. Bert tries to get the deposits back from the travel agents but it's non-returnable. Vera is livid to lose the £60.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Ludlow Avenue - Bet Lynch's flat and landing
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Bernard Youens in the role of Stan Ogden.
- TV Times synopsis: Pauline Stringer is playing hard-to-get. But will Mike Baldwin finally conquer? Vera Duckworth is angry with Ivy and Bert Tilsley. Can they cool her down by "paying her off"?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,368,000 viewers (11th place).
|May 1980 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|