|ITV transmission date||21st May 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||19th May 1980|
|Next episode||26th May 1980|
Bert is furious that Brian has taken the £300 for granted. Keith Sadler tells Bet that Dan Johnson has warned him off her. Pauline Stringer is annoyed when Mike is cool towards her. Bert tells Brian the £300 was their holiday money. Brian and Gail are stricken and give the money back. Pauline has to make the first move towards Mike before he asks her out for a meal. Gail and Brian asks Audrey to ask her rich fellah for £300. Audrey confesses Alan has gone back to his wife. Bert tells Gail and Brian they can still have the money; the holiday wouldn't have been enjoyable anymore. The Ogdens go down with flu. Mike entertains Pauline at his hotel, the Brookhouse. Dan catches Bet talking to Keith and hits him. He tells Bet he doesn't want her talking to other men. She calls him a hypocrite, he packs and leaves, telling her he can always find another woman like her.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and back bedroom
- Baldwin's Casuals - Manager's office and corridor
- Ludlow Avenue - Bet Lynch's flat and landing
- Brookhouse Hotel - Exterior
- Len Fairclough mentions the celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the Rainhill Trials that were in the news at the time of transmission of this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Dan Johnson's jealousy over girlfriend Bet Lynch's neighbour comes to the boil…and she sees a side of his character she didn't suspect. What's happened to make Gail Tilsley cry?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1980 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|