|ITV transmission date||28th May 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||26th May 1980|
|Next episode||2nd June 1980|
Arnold advises Emily to invest her money in stocks and shares. Ivy works out a shopping rota for the machinists. Deirdre types up a letter for Arnold to his bank manager, asking for his overdraft to be extended. Emily wonders what his financial position is. Hilda gets bored, stuck in bed with Stan. Emily fears Arnold is after her money. Annie pays a sick visit to the Ogdens, to Hilda's shame. Mike refuses to let the girls have a shopping hour. He tells Pauline he's not running a charity. Pauline is furious and accuses him of destroying her authority with the workers. She tells him he's humiliated her and she's had enough. She quits and walks out.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Christobel Finch")
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Dierdre Langton")
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and front bedroom
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- This episode was transmitted at 6.45pm to allow for coverage of European Champion Club's Cup Final football.
- TV Times synopsis: There is a big showdown at the factory between boss Mike Baldwin and his girlfriend/supervisor Pauline Stringer - and something has to give.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|May 1980 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|