Harry loses the darts match because he moons over Eileen. Joe is offered a job in Newcastle with better money, but turns it down because of Christine. The Walkers entertain George and Hilda Davies with Annie and Hilda trying to outdo each other. Esther warns Christine that people are talking about her and Joe spending all their time together, but Christine doesn't care.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Doreen - Angela Crow
- Sheila - Eileen Mayers
- Joan Walker - June Barry
- Joe Makinson - Brian Rawlinson
- Hilda Davies - Doris Hare
- George Davies - Reg Lever
- Gordon Davies - Cavan Malone
- Norma - Betty Davies
- This episode should have been broadcast live on Friday, 10th February, 1961 but a strike at Granada meant a programme change on that date and it was delayed until 15th February. The strike, which began at 4.20pm on Thursday 9th February, was in protest at a letter to seven men by an engineer in charge of them in which he expressed his disappointment that they refused to work an extra two-and-three-quarter hours on a play whose recording had overrun. The strike ended at 5.25pm the following day but the second episode of a film entitled Variety Jubilee and the scheduled episode of Coronation Street, both due to be transmitted that evening, were affected. In the place of the latter, Granada repeated Episode 1 to give, as a spokesman said, "a glimpse of how it started to viewers who missed the early episodes."
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 25 (6th March 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,338,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|February 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Wed 8th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th|