Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th June 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||2nd June 1980|
|Next episode||9th June 1980|
Brian and Gail are pleased that she's pregnant. Ida tells Ivy she shouldn't be shop steward as well as supervisor. Ivy agrees and tells her that she can be shop steward. Ida is furious when Ivy tells her that her work isn't up to standard. Gail and Brian tell the Tilsleys about the baby - they are delighted. Deirdre phones Arnold's stockbroker and discovers he has all his money well invested. Emily is pleased and relieved but thinks she's made a fool of herself. Deirdre advises her to make contact with Arnold. Arnold is pleased when Emily calls at the pet shop. He introduces her to his sister Flora. Mike tells Ivy that if she arranges the rota, the girls can have their shopping hour. She promises there won't be a fall in production. Arnold and Emily make a date to go out together. Gail can't get in contact with Audrey to tell her about the baby. Bert worries that Brian and Gail will have to let the house go.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Christobel Finch")
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room, kitchen and back yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms, back bedroom and back yard
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Arnold Swain's Pet Shop and road outside
- TV Times synopsis: Emily Bishop is persuaded to pay a visit to Arnold Swain's pet shop. Is romance in the air again? How will Bert and Ivy Tilsley react to a surprise announcement?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,950,000 viewers (3rd place).
|June 1980 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|