Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th June 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||16th June 1980|
|Next episode||23rd June 1980|
Elsie is concerned for Martin as he is despondent about getting a job. She tells him that he can stay with her if Linda agrees. Martin looks for a job at a builders. Eddie puts him off talking to Len. Brian lets slip to Fred and Betty that Gail is pregnant. Gail isn't bothered and Ivy is pleased they can now talk about it to everyone. Elsie urges Martin to take no notice of Eddie and speak to Len himself. Arnold takes Emily and Tracy to the park. Rita is annoyed that Len is so impatient with Mavis. Martin tells Len he wants to be a plumber. Len takes him on as an apprentice. Len upsets Mavis by shouting at her when she prepares him a pineapple salad for his tea. He tells Rita he's not having the house turning into a health farm. She is angry to discover he's done Elsie a favour by taking Martin on but won't be nice to her best friend. Arnold tells Emily he loves her and wants to marry her.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: Will Elsie Tanner allow her visitor to move in with her? Pet shop owner Arnold Swain takes Emily Bishop on an outing - and he asks her to make a very important decision.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,950,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1980 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|