Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd June 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||18th June 1980|
|Next episode||25th June 1980|
The Roberts return from a week's holiday in Grange-over-Sands. Renee is fed up to be back with life in Weatherfield. Emily doesn't know whether or not to accept Arnold's proposal. Eddie bosses Martin around at the Yard and makes him call him "Mr. Yeats". He tells Martin he only got his job because Len fancies his gran. Eddie is annoyed when Len gives Martin good jobs whilst he has to continue labouring. Ken organises a raffle for the OAP's. It is to win a date with the mystery man - "Mr. Wonderful". Eddie tries to impress Len but he is only interested in Martin's work. Elsie tells Martin he'll hear a lot of gossip about her in the Street. Renee tells Alf she wants to move to the country. Emily tells Arnold she is fond of him but can't marry him.
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Christobel Finch")
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: How will Emily Bishop answer Arnold Swain's important question? On returning from holiday, Renee Roberts finds that she just can't settle down.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,000,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1980 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|