Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th November 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th November 1962|
|Next episode||14th November 1962|
The Street is dug up so that telephone cable can be laid - the residents blame the Barlows for the disruption. Ena tires of Martha's questions about her marriage. Susan breaks down when Albert questions her about her home life. Ena threatens to throw Martha into the hole if she doesn't stop quizzing her. The Barlows make up. Susan runs away from home to Albert.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Susan Schofield - Ann Mitton
- Workman - Geoffrey Reed
- Jim Schofield - Richard Butler
- May Schofield - Margery Mason
- TV Times synopsis: The Street's up - but Martha does some digging of her own
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,291,000 homes (1st place).
|November 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|