Elsie can't settle at Emily's. She has a chesty cough from the smoke and she refuses to stop smoking. Hilda makes a nuisance of herself by checking up on Elsie all the time, pushing home the point that she saved her. Eddie turns himself into a decorating business but no one wants his services. Alf is annoyed when Renee dresses up for her driving lessons. Elsie has difficulty referring to Hilda as her friend and feels obliged to buy her drinks. Hilda tells Stan and Eddie that they're now best friends but Elsie rages to Martin that she can't take much more.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden begins to get on the nerves of one of her neighbours. How will Alf Roberts react when wife Renee leaves him in the lurch to take a spin with smart Mr. Lorimer?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|