Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd July 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||21st July 1980|
|Next episode||28th July 1980|
Eddie starts on the bins. Alf and Renee quarrel when he refuses to give her driving lessons as his insurance doesn't cover her. Len advises them as they are having to change their cover for their new address, they might as well add Renee to the policy. Annie advises Betty to take care in her interest over the Fletcher children. Brian goes to the Building Society and cancels the mortgage. They get the deposit back but not the plot fee or the survey so they are £80 down. Eddie moves into No.13 and Hilda enjoys being a landlady to him. Brian gives the £300 back to Bert and Ivy. Gail can't face living with Ivy when the baby is born. Betty tells the regulars that she took the Fletcher children in and fed them herself. Ken advises her to report the matter to the NSPCC. Alf gives Renee a driving lesson after she pressures him. She scares him with her dangerous driving. Brian and Gail try to see possibilities in 15 Peterloo Place, valued at £7,250.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 15 Peterloo Place - Back yard
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Eddie Yeats joins the Ogden household as a paying guest. Will things ever be the same again? Betty Turpin faces a dilemma. Should she contact the N.S.P.C.C. concerning the neglected children?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,750,000 viewers (10th place). Of episodes within the top twenty, this was the least-watched episode of the year however Episode 1984 (7th April 1980) had fewer viewers with just 7,608,000 watching.
|July 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|