|ITV transmission date||28th July 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Barry Hill|
|Previous episode||23rd July 1980|
|Next episode||30th July 1980|
Alf refuses to take Renee out in the car again. Betty worries that if she alerts the authorities over the Fletchers their 'uncle' will take it out on them. Gail isn't keen on Peterloo Place. The Post Master tells Alf he can have the sub-post office. The Roberts celebrate. They go to a country pub. As he's been drinking, Alf lets Renee drive home. Betty phones the NSPCC about the Fletchers. Bert and Ivy look at 15 Peterloo Place and think the house is a bargain. Gail tells Brian to make an offer on the house. The Roberts get lost in the country, Renee stalls the car at some roadworks in a narrow lane. Alf gets out to take over but suddenly a lorry comes down the lane and hits the car head on. After the crash, Alf looks into the car and sees Renee lying across the seat, eyes fixed open.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- Country pub - Exterior
- Country lanes
- Rocky Taylor was credited as the Stunt Arranger on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: A few drinks, a learner driver, a quiet road - and tragedy strikes The Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,900,000 viewers (10th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|July 1980 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|