Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th August 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||11th August 1980|
|Next episode||18th August 1980|
Brian accuses Gail of emotional blackmail. He refuses to be pressured. Emily decides she would really like a church wedding. Deirdre tells her to stick up for herself. The NSPCC's Inspector Vaughn tells Betty that she should be proud of what she did. Gail worries when the 5 Buxton Close manager needs an answer by the end of the day but she can't get hold of Brian. Alf finds it hard coping with the shop on his own. Arnold tosses a coin to see where they should marry. Gail is furious to find Brian has been drinking in the Rovers. Alf tells Mr. Bannister that he's no longer selling the shop. Emily and Arnold agree on the Register Office. Deirdre steps down to allow Mavis to be bridesmaid with Tracy. Brian signs for the house to Gail's delight.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Mr Newton's Office
- TV Times synopsis: Will Brian Tilsley give in to Gail concerning the mini-house? Will Alf Roberts stay on at the Corner Shop - or try to forget the tragic past and move away?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,500,000 viewers (2nd place).
|August 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|