Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st September 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||27th August 1980|
|Next episode||3rd September 1980|
Emily and Deirdre close the Coronation Street Secretarial Bureau. Hilda has copied eight score draws onto the factory coupon to let Vera think she's won a little bit of money but Stan tells her there were only ten score draws that week and Vera would have won thousands - suddenly the joke doesn't seem so funny. Hilda tries to get to the coupon but is too late as Vera has checked it. Ivy, Ida, Vera, Karen and the other girls celebrate, thinking they've won a fortune. Mike fears they'll pack up working in the middle of his orders. Vera buys drinks all round at the Rovers. Ivy sends a telegram to the pools company. Hilda and Stan agree to keep quiet about fixing the coupon. Emily buys bridesmaids' dresses for Deirdre and Tracy. Alf tells Deirdre he's hanging on to the shop flat as he wants a resident assistant. Hilda is forced to accept champagne from the factory girls. Vera buys a £60 fur coat, spending her mortgage, electricity and Christmas club money in the process.
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, office and loading bay
- From dialogue in the episode, it is clear that the events shown take place on a Monday when the Baldwin's Casuals girls check their pools coupon and Karen Oldfield commences work with the job she obtained only late on the Friday afternoon. This leaves the question of exactly when Karen joins the girls' pools syndicate as Episode 2025 is set on a Sunday and is when Hilda Ogden sabotages the pools coupon copy. Karen is heard to say "We've won!" when the coupon is checked but in Episode 2024 (25th August 1980) she is quite clearly shown leaving the sewing room immediately after getting the job and just before Hilda is told that it's too late to join in the week's coupon.
- TV Times synopsis: Uproar in the factory as the girls celebrate their win on the pools…but why is Hilda Ogden so anxious?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,550,000 viewers (8th place).
|September 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|