Martin swears he never touched the coupon. Hilda refuses to stand by and let Martin be blamed, but she can't find the courage to tell the girls she is to blame. She confesses to Mike and he agrees to tell the girls. Mike gets the girls to drop their ideas of a lynching mob before telling them it was Hilda. When Ivy and Vera threaten her, Mike tells them that he'll sack them if they touch her; Hilda only meant it as a joke. Annie throws a hen party for Emily. Rita toasts Emily. Arnold has his stag night in the Rovers. His best man George Turner gets him drunk. The factory girls send Hilda to Coventry and refuse to work with her. Mike is forced to sack her. Arnold falls into a drunken sleep in the Rovers.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Bill Waddington makes a pre-Percy Sugden appearance as George Turner.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Hilda Ogden own up to being the fake football pools culprit?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,350,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|