|ITV transmission date||15th September 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||10th September 1980|
|Next episode||17th September 1980|
Audrey visits Gail and is envious of her nest-building. Ivy misses seeing Brian all the time. She is annoyed to discover that Audrey has seen them since she has. Deirdre and Tracy settle into the flat. Deirdre hates the smallness of it but is content. Mike's London sales manager Alan Skidmore pays him a visit. He sees Deirdre and falls for her. She lets him help her move into the flat. With Hilda away, Eddie refuses to give his rent money to Stan. Alan asks Deirdre for a date but she makes excuses about not having a babysitter. Brian invites his parents to Sunday dinner. Deirdre talks Alf into babysitting so she can go out with Alan in Wilmslow. Alf worries that this might be a taste of the future.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Corner Shop flat - Living room
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- First appearance of Audrey Potter since 11th June 1980.
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre and Tracy Langton move to their new home at the Corner Shop - but who is the new man in Deirdre's life?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|