Eddie pinches Albert's Sunday newspaper from his letterbox to save him buying one for himself. Alf tells Deirdre that he can't babysit as he's got Council business. Gail lays on a beef dinner to impress Ivy. Deirdre starts work at the Corner Shop. Audrey and her new boyfriend, Les Boden, plan to visit Gail and Brian so Ivy tells them that they're out for the day as she doesn't want the lunch spoilt. Deirdre takes Tracy on her date with Alan Skidmore. He is disappointed. Albert is furious to discover his newspaper crossword has been completed before being delivered. He realises that someone took it from his letterbox. Deirdre refuses to let Alan get too close to her. He tells her that he'll see her again when he's next in town. Ivy and Bert enjoy their lunch at Brian and Gail's house. Audrey and Les call round on the off-chance only to find Bert and Ivy there. Audrey is annoyed that Ivy lied to her. Gail is furious that Ivy told Audrey to keep away. Audrey and Ivy start rowing which upsets Gail. Gail tells Brian that Ivy is no longer welcome in her house.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Corner Shop flat - Living room and kitchen
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- The scenes on the Grape Street set were recorded on 16mm film.
- TV Times synopsis: The Tilsley's go to Brian and Gail's new home for Sunday lunch. Then unexpected visitors arrive, causing trouble all round. Deirdre Langton has a date with a new boyfriend…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,450,000 viewers (2nd place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 16th June 1998 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted a scene of 47" in Part One where Gail Tilsley prepares the table for her in-laws's visit and the final 30" of the scene in Part Two when Bert and Ivy Tilsley arrive for dinner.
|September 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|