|ITV transmission date||24th September 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||22nd September 1980|
|Next episode||29th September 1980|
Ivy hears that her sister Sheila in Canada has become a grandmother. She refuses to make the peace with Brian and Gail. Bet assures Rita nothing happened between her and Len. Marshall's phone Bet and tell her they have her bag. Bet goes to the store to collect it but Eddie fears it may be a put-up job to get her out of the way whilst someone raids the flat. He and Len rush to the flat and find it ransacked. Bet returns to find everything has been taken and she breaks down. Bert and Brian plot to get Ivy and Gail together. Bet isn't insured. She refuses to stay in the flat until the lock is changed so Betty takes her in. Martin gets Elsie out of the way so he can entertain Karen; he wants to neck with Karen but she wants intellectual conversation. He plies her with gin. Bert and Brian get Ivy and Gail together for a drink in the Rovers and they make peace. Gin makes Karen sick. Elsie returns to find Karen in a drunken heap.
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Ludlow Avenue - Communal hallway and Bet Lynch's bedsit
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch receives a telephone call about her missing handbag. The call paves the way for a burglary. Martin Cheveski gets Karen Oldfield tipsy.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,800,000 viewers (4th place).
Rita Fairclough: "Between me and my husband, there is total faith and certain knowledge - I have total faith in Len and he has the certain knowledge that if he plays away I'll break every bone in his body."
|September 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|