|ITV transmission date||1st October 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||29th September 1980|
|Next episode||6th October 1980|
Bet feels as though her flat is dirty. Mr. Oldfield calls at the Corner Shop and tells Alf he'll have him prosecuted if he hears that he's sold drink to minors again. Betty organises a party at Bet's flat to drive away all presence of the intruders. Martin asks Karen out but she tells him she can't see him. Mike gives Bet some denim outfits from his factory. Mavis spends the evening with Arnold and Emily. He can't wait to get rid of her. Ken gives her £56 from the regulars and Annie gives her a brooch - she is touched. Martin gets Karen to meet him behind her father's back. Oldfield arrives instead and accuses him of pestering Karen. He tells Martin and Elsie that he's a police sergeant and warns him to stay away from his daughter.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Ludlow Avenue - Communal hallway and Bet Lynch's bedsit
- TV Times synopsis: Why is a police sergeant calling at Elsie Tanner's home and asking for her grandson Martin? Who will turn up to Bet's "open house" celebration party?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,600,000 viewers (2nd place).
Annie Walker: "A function of some sort would a symbolic exorcism of the malaise caused by the intruders."
Eddie Yeats: "Yeah...I think Mrs Walker's trying to say that you can't whack a good knees-up."
|October 1980 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|