Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th October 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||1st October 1980|
|Next episode||8th October 1980|
Elsie tells Martin to stick to his guns and keep seeing Karen. Emily is alarmed to discover that Arnold has been telling people they're buying a bungalow in Derbyshire. She feels she doesn't want to live in the country but he tells her that she will. Fellow binman Johnny Webb needs somewhere to live for a couple of days as he and his wife have split up. Eddie suggests he asks Stan who agrees when he offers money but specifies that Johnny must leave before Hilda returns. Johnny pays £25 and Stan has to sleep on the sofa. Arnold asks Len to fit a new front door at No.3. He wants the house looking perfect for selling. Arnold shows Emily brochures of cottages in Bakewell but she doesn't want to leave the Street. Martin and Karen plan to continue seeing each other in secret at No.11. Fred scares Elsie with tales of the new police superintendent who is cracking down on shops selling alcohol and putting the owners out of business. Thinking of the trouble that Sgt Oldfield could cause Alf, she refuses to let Martin get into trouble and tells Karen she can't visit No.11. Martin accuses Elsie of being rotten.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden is away and husband Stan gets a shock when he finds that Eddie Yeats has wheeled in a new lodger. Elsie Tanner takes an unexpected stand over Martin Cheveski's romance with Karen Oldfield.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,050,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1980 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|