Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th October 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||8th October 1980|
|Next episode||15th October 1980|
Martin persuades Len to give him a key for the Builder's Yard office. Len refuses to repair the Swains' door until he's paid for putting it in. Johnny Webb plans to move in with his girlfriend Sandra. Hilda returns from Chesterfield. She is annoyed to discover Stan has taken Johnny in but is impressed at his £25 a week rent. Johnny is now sharing Eddie's room. Vera tells Maureen Webb that Johnny is living at No.13. Karen has her ears pierced. Martin goes with her and has his done. Len offers to repair the door for Emily so long as Arnold will pay his £80 bill. Maureen Webb arrives at No.13 to have it out with Hilda.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: How will Hilda Ogden react to the discovery that husband Stan has taken in a new lodger? And malicious Vera Duckworth stirs up even more trouble at number 13. Meanwhile, Martin Cheveski and Karen Oldfield reach a decision…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,750,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1980 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|