Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd October 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||20th October 1980|
|Next episode||27th October 1980|
Gail tries to let everyone think that the cafe doesn't tire her out. Fred celebrates his fifty-first birthday. He is annoyed that Annie has gone away without acknowledging the event. Albert helps Monty Shawcross train for walking in Whitehall. Gail refuses to rest or stop work for another month as they need the money. She breaks down and Brian realises that she can't cope. He tells her that she must stop work immediately and she agrees. Audrey offers to take them for a meal. She persuades Brian to use a customer's car to take them out for the night. Betty gives in to Fred's whining and agrees to let him hold a party at the Rovers. No one wants to go to Fred's party but Mike, Bert, Ken and Alf feel sorry for him and attend. Alf and Mike have a contest to see if Alf can eat cheese quicker than Mike drink a pint with a spoon. Mike wins. Monty asks Albert to go to London with the regiment. Albert refuses, saying he's too old. Alf and Fred have a contest, this time with Alf drinking the pint. Fred beats him by cutting the cheese into bits first. Fred discovers his "mates" set him up and a tumble ensues. Fred, Alf and Bert fall over, scratching Annie's sideboard. Tony Newall spots Brian, Gail and Audrey out in his car.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Monty Shawcross - John Barrett
- Customers - Terry McDonald, Christine Sansome
- Tony Newall - Peter Wallis
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: A friendly beer-drinking and cheese-eating contest at Fred Gee's birthday party suddenly turns nasty. Meanwhile, Brian and Gail Tilsley and her mother Audrey go out to celebrate…but will they regret it?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,300,000 viewers (2nd place).
|October 1980 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|