Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th November 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||19th November 1980|
|Next episode||26th November 1980|
Rita is willing to return to The Kabin if she can land Len a big contract to prove she is a good businesswoman. Arnold starts a petition about the rubbish. Mavis tells Len to stop joking about with Rita and dominate her as she's tired of running the shop on her own. Bet begs Eddie to move the rubbish, telling him she could be sacked but he refuses to budge. Annie returns. Bet takes the blame for the paper but Annie also blames Betty as she was in charge. She makes them both apologise. Stan develops an itch. Bob Atkinson tells Rita about an extension he wants building on his business garage. He gives her the contract. He makes it clear that he fancies her and arranges to show her the site. Alf tells Annie that the bin situation is getting out of hand and could spread nationally unless one of the involved parties acts with wisdom and intelligence. Annie decides to apologise to the binmen for the sake of the country. Rita tells Len she's got him the contract and she'll return to The Kabin. He is annoyed that Atkinson is showing such an interest in her.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker returns to the Rovers. Does this mean trouble for Bet, Fred and Betty? And Stan Ogden seems to have a very itchy problem.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,250,000 viewers (8th place).
|November 1980 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|