Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th December 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||3rd December 1980|
|Next episode||10th December 1980|
Emily is stunned and waits for Arnold to return from Birmingham. She hides herself at No.3 and asks Flora Swain to call. Flora tells Emily she has always thought that Margaret was alive. Emily doesn't understand why Arnold told her Margaret was dead. Stan finds it hard to cope without beer. Len tries to get out of having Mavis for Christmas. To his horror, Rita invites Mavis to Boxing Day tea as well. Flora is horrified that Arnold could be a bigamist. Arnold returns from Birmingham. Emily gives him the insurance form and he breaks down.
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Arnold Swain's pet shop
- TV Times synopsis: Will Emily Swain confront husband Arnold about the mystery concerning his past? There's trouble between Len and Rita Fairclough over the vexed question of where Mavis Riley is going to spend Christmas.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,900,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|