Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th December 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||8th December 1980|
|Next episode||15th December 1980|
Arnold tells Emily that Margaret has been dead to him for fifteen years. Margaret left him after three weeks and they never divorced. He was so humiliated that he couldn't tell anyone Margaret had left him. He told his family that Margaret was dead. He started to believe she was dead himself. Emily tells him that she's not his wife but he feels it shouldn't matter to them. She doesn't understand how anyone could be a bigamist and tells him not to touch her. Emily tells Arnold to leave her; he's not her husband. She tells him that he lied to her when he married her. All she can think of is that he's a bigamist. He breaks down when she gives him back her wedding ring. Arnold packs and leaves. Bert is made redundant from Fosters' Foundry as it's shutting down. Dr. Crawford does tests on Stan. Bert goes to the Job Community Centre but finds that there are no jobs going. He breaks down, telling Ivy he's finished. Stan discovers he's allergic to eggs and not beer and he celebrates. Emily keeps herself occupied, cleaning the house. She tells a shocked Deirdre that Arnold is a bigamist.
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- Doctor Crawford's surgery
- Fosters' Foundry - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: What will Emily Swain do when the truth emerges about her husband's hidden past? Stan Ogden finally gets the answer to his peculiar medical problem. Will he be shocked - or relieved?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,100,000 viewers (2nd place).
|December 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|