Emily refuses to answer the door to anyone but Deirdre. Deirdre tries to comfort her. Emily doesn't know if she's legally married or not. Bert hunts for a job. Ivy tells him there'll be nothing until New Year. Bet tries to get out of Boxing Day lunch with Annie but fails. Emily puts Ernie's ring back on her finger. Flora asks Emily to take Arnold back, she refuses. She tells Flora that she's getting on with her life. She gathers Arnold's things together and gets Flora to take them away. Hilda employs Mrs Palin as a cleaner as a Christmas treat for herself, at £1.75 an hour. Hilda spots Emily getting rid of all Arnold's things and wonders what's going on.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden spies out the mystery concerning Emily Swain. How will Bert Tilsley cope with a new lifestyle?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,700,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|