Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th December 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||15th December 1980|
|Next episode||22nd December 1980|
Hilda starts to investigate Arnold's whereabouts. Eddie suggests that the Ogdens throw a Christmas party. Hilda doesn't like the idea. Mrs Palin starts work at No.13. Stan is shocked to discover that Hilda has hired Mrs Palin as a cleaner. Bert spends his time doing housework and cooking. Hilda agrees to hold a party when Eddie agrees to pay half. Deirdre urges Emily to come out of her shell as the Street is full of rumours.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Swain - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Flora Swain (Ann Wrigg) is credited but doesn't appear.
- A customer in the Corner Shop is uncredited despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: How will Emily Swain deal with the gossip that surrounds her? Hilda Ogden becomes a real-life boss - for the first time in her life.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,400,000 viewers (3rd place).
|December 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|