Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd December 1980 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||17th December 1980|
|Next episode||24th December 1980|
Emily returns her wedding presents with covering notes explaining her marriage wasn't legal. Hilda delights in telling Annie that she has her own daily. Audrey asks Gail if she can stay for Christmas. Gail is glad to have her near. Eddie gives out invites to the Ogdens' party. He gives Fred a special one, telling him that he's not invited. Emily tells Annie and Mavis about Arnold. Martin is invited to spend Christmas Day with the Oldfields but Elsie tells him that he's got to spend Christmas in Birmingham as his mother will be expecting him. Annie helps Emily by putting the regulars straight about Arnold. Audrey arrives at the Tilsleys' house and tells them she's got a job and things are looking up. They tell her that she can stay as long as she wants to. Martin is torn between letting Karen or his mum down. Karen is upset and tells him if she doesn't see him at Christmas she doesn't want to see him again.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner's grandson Martin Cheveski faces a dilemma - should he spend Christmas with sweetheart Karen or go home to his parents?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,750,000 viewers (6th place).
|December 1980 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|