Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th January 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||31st December 1980|
|Next episode||7th January 1981|
Brian brings Gail and the baby home. Audrey and Ivy fuss. Albert tells Ken to move the car from outside his front door. Gail goes off breastfeeding. She can't decide between David or Daniel for a name. Eddie returns a load of papers from The Kabin to Mavis. She realises paperboy Neil Grimshaw has been throwing them instead of delivering them. She admits that she's frightened of him. Eddie promises to sort him out. Albert reports the car for obstruction. The Police arrive but let Ken park as he lives at No.1. Ivy thinks the baby should be called David while Audrey favours Daniel. Bert and Brian get drunk together in celebration. Eddie and Mavis confront Neil - he swears he hasn't thrown the papers and resigns. Ivy feels that Audrey's way of child-rearing is wrong.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Nick Tilsley - Warren Jackson (Credited as "Baby Tilsley")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Kitchen and living room
- Weatherfield General - Exterior
- First appearance of Nick Tilsley.
- Michael Le Vell makes a pre-Kevin Webster appearance as Neil Grimshaw.
- TV Times synopsis: New grannies Ivy Tilsley and Audrey Potter find a new subject to squabble about. Who'll win? Old soldier Albert Tatlock is up in arms again - this time over nephew Ken Barlow and his car. Will Ken surrender?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,300,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1981 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|