Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th February 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||2nd February 1981|
|Next episode||9th February 1981|
Ivy tells Bert to go to Holland; she realises how much he needs a job. Fred throws pie crust onto the dustcart so that birds perch on it and dirty it. As a result, Eddie has to clean it again. Deirdre is cool towards Ken for not seeing her. He realises that Albert never gave him the message. Bert is offered a three-month contract as a fitter in Holland but tells Ivy that he hasn't got a job as he doesn't want to leave her. She is delighted he's staying. Stan buys Hilda a pendant for her birthday. She is touched. Ken tells Albert to stop interfering in his life. Elsie tells Len about her troubles with cafe assistant Lorraine Tindall. The dustcart wins first prize. Annie books a winter cruise with Olive Taylor-Brown. Ken cooks Deirdre a meal and they agree to see more of each other; starting with another night out. Annie tells Alf that she doesn't trust her staff and has arranged for a manager to take over the pub.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Bert Tilsley gets a letter with news about his application for a job overseas. Will Ken Barlow and Deirdre Langton get together again?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,350,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 1981 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|